Access statement for No.8 Waterloo Street Apartments
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in the establishment. The following statement is a summary of our provisions. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will be delighted to help.
Birmingham Airport is approximately 15 miles by car. Catch a train from Birmingham International Train Station at Birmingham Airport to New Street Station, the train journey takes about 10 minutes.
When leaving Birmingham New Street Station, you can book a taxi for ease or make your way to us via Temple Street or Bennetts Hill, we are at the top of the hill.There is a bus stop 100 metres from our front door with frequent services operating many routes to the outskirts of the City Centre.
The nearest railway stations are Snow Hill and New Street, which are approximately 5 minutes walk or 5 minutes by car or taxi.
There is a taxi service that has specially adapted accessible taxis. If required, we will be happy to make a booking on your behalf. We are sure other local taxis would be happy to help.
Any information can be provided in large font on request. We have a website (details below), and this contains detailed walking and driving directions .You can contact us by phone or email: 0121 794 6777, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.birminghamservicedapartments.co.uk
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
On arrival to the property, being in the heart of Colmore Business District, there is on-road parking around our property which has a chargeable meter system. Our entrance is on the flat to the ground floor lobby of the apartments.
We link with B4 Carpark (B4 6DG), which is about a 7 minute walk away, there are other local and NCP Car Parks. Please exit B4 via Weaman Street and turn left follow the pavement round on Colmore Circus Queensway, onto Colmore Row, left on to Temple Row West, right on to Waterloo Street. B4 has concierge to give advice or directions to us, our post code is B2 5PG. The main entrance is accessible via the pavement and we have our name plate on the front column. We are more than happy to assist our guests with their luggage; please call us from your car if you need assistance on arrival.
Main Entrance & Reception
Check-in is from 15:30-19:00, you will be provided with key card access after check-in, so you have freedom to enter the building and your apartment at leisure. The all doors are extra wide if you want specific measurements please request these. The lobby has short pile carpet and marble floor covering, slip mat on entrance.There is a lift to all floors, there are 7 in total.
Public Areas- General (Internal)
- Our corridors are 98cm+ wide
- Corridors have a good colour contrast and have heat sensor lighting 24 hours a day.
- The flooring on all corridors on the ground floor is short pile carpet
- The covering on the stairs and upstairs carpet is short pile carpet
- All floors are accessible by lift, no steps to the rooms from the lift. There are fire doors to each floor.
- No background music is played in these areas.
We can arrange for the hire of various items of equipment, e.g. toilet riser seats, vibrating pillows, shower seats etc on request via the local “Aid to Living” shop. Please let us know your requirements in advance http://www.aidestoliving.co.uk/ is a company we may link with.
All apartments have Flat Screen Televisions, complementary Tea & Coffee, the apartments are either 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom in layout.
- All apartments have 4ft 6“ double beds with Hypnos mattresses.
- These apartments have two seater settees or L shaped settees and a dining table with 2 chairs
- Solid wood floors throughout living and bedroom areas
- Low switches and sockets
- There are wet rooms or shower rooms. There is a lip to the shower trays (2 beds and some 1 beds)
- Tiled flooring
- Sofas and dining table has 4 dining chairs
- The flooring is solid wood throughout
- Large open plan living and dining room
- Low switches and sockets